Once able to open again, River Run has a large community room with tables and chairs where we offer plenty of activities and resources.
- Large-Screen TV
- Bingo Boards
- Musical Entertainment
- Informational Meetings (topics vary)
- Monthly Blood Pressure Clinic (offered by a Berkshire Visiting Nurse)
- Annual Flu Clinic
We also have an onsite social services director who offers assistance in getting services when needed. She puts out a quarterly newsletter and a weekly information brief on COVID-19 updates, nutrition, and other important topics.
Dalton is a quaint town in Berkshire County with many amenities close to River Run.
- BRTA bus service from River Run entrance to Pittsfield and surrounding towns
- Dufour Bus Company grocery trips to Stop’n’Shop on Mondays
- Dalton COA van service to take residents to appointments with 24-hour notice
- Cab service from Pittsfield is also available.
- Across the street from the Post Office
- Close to schools, the Dalton Library, Dalton CRA, and area banks
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail
- Berkshire Museum, Colonial Theatre, Barrington Stage Company, Berkshire Carousel, Berkshire Athenaeum, and more
The Berkshires hold many entertainment and shopping options, which will be open more as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Our pet area in the back of the building contains a bag dispenser. Small dogs under 45 lbs, cats, and birds are allowed in the main building. Cats and other small pets are allowed in the townhouses. No dogs allowed in the townhouses.
- Elementary: Craneville – Pre K-5; St. Agnes: Private Catholic Pre-K-8
- Middle School: Nessacus: 6-8
- High School: Wahconah Regional
- College(s): Berkshire Community College
- One- and two-bedroom apartments pay Eversource for electricity. You will receive a utility allowance taken off your rent.
- Three-bedroom apartments pay Berkshire Gas for heat and Eversource for electricity. You will receive a larger utility allowance taken off your rent.
- Cable in the area is through Spectrum.
Looking for places to eat and shop nearby? Here are some recommendations from our staff:
- Angelina’s Juice & Java
- Dalton Restaurant
- Hot Harry’s
- Popular chains such as Wendy’s, 99, Vivaldi Pizza, Panera Bread, Chili’s, Kelly’s Diner, Friendly’s, McDonald’s, and Ozzie’s Steak & Eggs are also nearby
- Market 32
- Dollar Tree
- Family Dollar
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Bed, Bath, & Beyond